Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover does not use my changer

2004-01-11 14:58:55
Subject: Re: amrecover does not use my changer
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Christoph Pospiech <pospiech AT de.ibm DOT com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 20:55:19 +0100
Dr. Christoph Pospiech wrote:

I am having problems to get amrecover to use the tape changer.

In the man page of amrecover, I find the following.
              If  you  want  amrecover  to  use your changer, the
              tapedev must be equal to the amrecover_changer set-
              ting on the server.

And in the man page of amanda I find the following.
       amrecover_changer "string"
              Default: ''.  Amrecover will use the changer if you
              use  'settape <STRING>' and that string is the same
              as the amrecover_changer setting.

Does this mean, "string" can be anything like e.g. "hallo" and an apparently meaningless 'settape hallo' triggers the use of the tape changer ? Or do I have to set amrecover_changer to the same value as the tapedev variable in the same config file ?

Yes, you set up a magic word in amanda.conf with "amanda_changer", and
when issuing the magic word in amrecover with the "settape" command
instructs to use the changer instead of the bare tapedevice.

If you have trouble with this setting, also set both the
"amrecover_do_fsf yes" and "amrecover_check_label yes".  There was
a little bug in amanda 2.4.4 requiring all these two to be set too,
but I'm not sure if the fix was already in 2.4.4p1.  Or upgrade
to 2.4.4p2.

--
Paul @ Home