Amanda-Users

Tapeless backup configuration

2004-01-07 14:48:06
Subject: Tapeless backup configuration
From: chris <chris AT stow-jones.co DOT uk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 19:45:11 +0000
I am in the process of setting up a new Fedora driven PC and have now
got around to configuring Amanda. I am almost there on the
installation and configuration, but am having difficulty implementing
this tapeless backup (while waiting for the time and money to purchase
a new tape drive).

I have set up the environment exactly as set out in
http://amanda.sourceforge.net/fom-serve/cache/191.html and have got to
the part where I am trying to set the labels. When I run amlabel
DailySet1 DailySet101 slot 1 I get the response:
amlabel: could not load slot "1" : chg-multi: slot is empty.

Can anyone give me a pointer as to what may be wrong with my
configuration?