Amanda-Users

Re: Tape Library support ???

2003-12-29 10:10:34
Subject: Re: Tape Library support ???
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Pierre-Henry DELIEGE <PHDeliege AT mt-consulting DOT com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 10:08:32 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 at 12:10pm, Pierre-Henry DELIEGE wrote

> My questions are about Amanda and the tpchanger functionality's:
> After reading the different examples of tpchanger (chg-juke, chg-multi,
> chg-scsi...), it looks like they were developed for "Stacker Drives"; for
> example, you cannot specify on which drive you would like to mount a
> cartridge (the only selection that I saw was to configure a range of slot
> with a drive).
> Also, the access of tapes is done via the slot position (slot "current",
> "next", "prev", "first", "last"). The only solution that I see to use a
> "normal" tape library usage (with barcode) is to create a table to make a
> link between a "hypothetical" slot number and a barcode. Am I right ?

Not really.  chg-zd-mtx allows random access to tapes.  It's
self-documented (in the chg-zd-mtx script itself) and (obviously) requires
mtx to be installed and to support your changer.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering