Amanda-Users

Full backup worked, incrementals fail

2003-12-22 19:17:13
Subject: Full backup worked, incrementals fail
From: Fran Fabrizio <fran AT cis.uab DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 18:14:06 -0600
I seem to have Amanda happily configured to use my changer.  I labelled
all the tapes, the labelinfo process went fine, etc...

So, to test, I set up one partition to backup in the disklist,
/usr/local on the local host.  I set it up as a nocomp-root dump type
(this is the appropriate one for slow-changing files with no software
compression, right?).  I then ran

# amdump CIS

and in a few minutes got an email report showing that 47MB had been
dumped as a Full dump.  Whee!

On the heels of this success, I created a little junk file under
/usr/local, and ran 'amdump CIS' again....got a failure email.  Dumped a
lot more data into the directory /usr/local/junk (about 300 megs worth),
and ran it again...got another failure email...I've included one below.
Can anyone tell me why it's not doing the daily/incremental backups
properly?  The error msg indicates that the dump is larger than the
tape, -1 KB.

The changer is working properly and it is retrieving and loading the
correct tapes on each execution, so I don't think it's a changer
problem.

Below is a sample error email...

Thanks, Fran

--