Amanda-Users

Re: gnutar version -- exactly 1.13.25 or just 1.13.25 and above?

2003-12-16 17:42:13
Subject: Re: gnutar version -- exactly 1.13.25 or just 1.13.25 and above?
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Mark_Conty AT cargill DOT com
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 23:38:39 +0100
Mark_Conty AT cargill DOT com wrote:

Question: Is it to be understood that versions of gnutar _greater_ than 1.13.25 are also incompatible? Or is it implied that those are also valid & acceptable for use with Amanda?

I ask because I'm seeing the same problem as is Mr. Kato, only I'm on an HP-UX server, running gnutar 1.13.90 and Amanda 2.4.4p1. chg-scsi is dumping to one of four tape drives in a 4/48 DLT library.

Wow, tar seems to be awake again.
Download 1.13.92, compiled, tested.

Not good, at least not without some patches to amanda...

1. Every backup now generates a message

      tar: Removing leading `./' from member names

   Amanda flags this line for each DLE as "strange".

2.  by removing the leading `./' now amrecover has trouble
    and does not find anything back in the index.

--
Paul @ Home