Amanda-Users

Backing up via NFS.

2003-12-15 16:59:26
Subject: Backing up via NFS.
From: "Ken D'Ambrosio" <kend AT xanoptix DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org, Tom Faska <tom.faska AT xanoptix DOT com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 16:56:38 -0500
Hello, all. I've got some HP/UX 11.11 and 11.00 that I want to back up. However, I've run into some problems:

1) I can't find an Amanda client to install on 11.11 and 11.00 systems.
2) I tried compiling, and failed. Someone sent me a patch, but I haven't been able to get it working yet.

So, I gave up (for the moment) trying to install the Amanda client on the HP machines, and, instead, decided to mount them via NFS from a Linux box with the full, functioning client. However, I've got one problem that I just can't figure out: amdump gets "/" just fine, however, stuff off my mounted RAID ("/raid0") dies with the following:

ursa SM5b-Z lev 0 FAILED [disk SM5b-Z offline on ursa?]

Any idea on where I'm going astray?

Note that I can "ls", "du", etc., the directory just fine from the Linux box.

Thanks,

Ken D'Ambrosio
Sr. SysAdmin,
Xanoptix, Inc.