Amanda-Users

moved to new disk, now amanda wants to do level 0's on whole system

2003-11-14 01:26:05
Subject: moved to new disk, now amanda wants to do level 0's on whole system
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 01:23:12 -0500
Greetings all;

See subject, Which of course is leading to a 90% failure rate as the
whole system has around 40Gb, but the tapes are only 4Gb's.

What happened is that I put in a new 120 Gb drive, 2x the size of the
one I took out, mainly because the root partition was full, and no
room to readjust things was available.

Although the /dev/whatevers have changed, the mountpoints have not.  I
used cp to copy some of the data, and fr to do some, seems cp cannot
see a .file!

I missed one run while the disk was being configured.  One person said
he had never swapped disks without doing a re-install, but I just
did, and everything seems to be working just fine.  Its tedious for
sure, but it can be done.

I have expanded the dumpcycle and runspercycle from 8 to 10 because it
seemed amanda was having a hard time hitting its best balance point.
tapecycle is still 28, but I can add more.

So the disklist is unchanged.  Why does amanda want to do a level 0 on
the whole system?

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M
by Gene Heskett are: