Amanda-Users

Re: chunksize no longer a valid keyword?

2003-11-12 18:07:47
Subject: Re: chunksize no longer a valid keyword?
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 18:04:40 -0500
On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 04:39:34PM -0500, pll+amanda AT permabit DOT com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to specify a 'chunksize' for my holding disk and I keep
> getting errors stating:
>
> "/etc/amanda/daily/amanda.conf", line 45: configuration keyword expected
>
> I'm running 2.4.4p1-1 on Debian testing.  I also noticed that there
> seems to be no 'holding disk' config area any more (based on the
> example amanda.conf file), yet the man pages seem to not reflect
> these changes.
>
> Is this just a case of the docs not keeping up with the code, or is
> the example amanda.conf file incorrect?

I think chunksize is only valid in the holding disk stanza.

As you have no holding disk stanza, no place you put
chunksize would be valid.

Add your own even if the sample did not include one.

For example:

holdingdisk hd1 {
    comment "main holding disk"
    directory "/u/dumps/amanda" # where the holding disk is
    use 512 Mb          # how much space can we use on it
                        # a non-positive value means:
                        #        use all space but that value
    chunksize 512 Mb    # size of chunk if you want big dump to be
                        # dumped on multiple files on holding disks
                        #  N Kb/Mb/Gb split images in chunks of size N
                        #             The maximum value should be
                        #             (MAX_FILE_SIZE - 1Mb)
                        #  0          same as INT_MAX bytes
}

holdingdisk hd2 {
    directory "/u2/dumps/amanda"
    use 3000 Mb
    chunksize 512 Mb
}

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)