Amanda-Users

RE: amstatus: uninitialized value

2003-11-05 04:53:52
Subject: RE: amstatus: uninitialized value
From: "Stevens, Julian C" <julian.stevens AT amsjv DOT com>
To: "'Paul Bijnens'" <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 09:44:54 +0000
The version of perl on my amanda server is rather old (5.002).
However, as it was installed about 6 years ago, as part of another
application, I'm a bit nervous about upgrading it.
Would it be sensible to install 2 versions of perl?
If I install the latest version of perl in non-standard directories, e.g.
/usr/local/perl/bin and /usr/local/perl/lib,  is there an option to
configure, that would enable these to be recognised when amanda is built?
Failing that, if I add /usr/local/perl/bin to the start of my PATH variable,
and add -L /usr/local/perl/lib to LDFLAGS, would this have the desired
effect.

Any advice gratefully received,

Julian