Amanda-Users

Re: amstatus: uninitialized value

2003-11-05 05:48:06
Subject: Re: amstatus: uninitialized value
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: "Stevens, Julian C" <julian.stevens AT amsjv DOT com>, "'Paul Bijnens'" <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 05:45:33 -0500
On Wednesday 05 November 2003 04:44, Stevens, Julian C wrote:
>The version of perl on my amanda server is rather old (5.002).
>However, as it was installed about 6 years ago, as part of another
>application, I'm a bit nervous about upgrading it.
>Would it be sensible to install 2 versions of perl?
>If I install the latest version of perl in non-standard directories,
> e.g. /usr/local/perl/bin and /usr/local/perl/lib,  is there an
> option to configure, that would enable these to be recognised when
> amanda is built? Failing that, if I add /usr/local/perl/bin to the
> start of my PATH variable, and add -L /usr/local/perl/lib to
> LDFLAGS, would this have the desired effect.
>
>Any advice gratefully received,
>
>Julian

I have updated perl a bit beyond that, and don't recall that it ever
broke older scripts unless they were broken to start with.  However,
coming up to date from 5.002 would be quite a jump, so I'd be a bit
nervous.  Try it in intermediate steps maybe.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M
by Gene Heskett are: