Amanda-Users

RE: Using chg-manual question

2003-09-26 20:15:55
Subject: RE: Using chg-manual question
From: lamy AT unify DOT com
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 17:09:24 -0700

[Yan Lam] I uncomment the request() function that suppose to send out email
notifications; however, I ran the backup from a cron job which doesn't work.
The amdump load file indicates the chg-manual script was called.  The next
few lines down shows:
tape:slot /usr/local/amanda/libexec/chg-manual:: /dev/tty: cannot create
changer: opening pipe to: /usr/local/amanda/libexec/chg-manual -slot next
changer: got exit: 1 str: /usr/local/amanda/libexec/chg-manual: /dev/tty:
cannot create

It doesn't work running from cron; I received emails if I manually run the
chg-manual scripts.

Since Amanda doesn't support backing up a partition to multiple tapes, there
is no reason to setup changer script if only one tape drive is used.

> --
> Thanks,
> Stefan.
[Yan Lam]