Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda and Samba 3.0.0

2003-09-27 02:57:49
Subject: Re: Amanda and Samba 3.0.0
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 08:54:42 +0200
Hi, Gregor Ibic,

on Freitag, 26. September 2003 at 14:57 you wrote to amanda-users:

GI> the problem is that smbtar sends some other info at the end, and the size
GI> line is not properly parsed in samba.
GI> I created patches for Samba 3rc1, rc2 but not for 3.0.0 version.

Is there a significant difference? Seems so ...
You mean "the size line is not properly parsed in AMANDA" ...

GI> Please, make noise, bother me, to post a patch.

I donŽt want to bother you, I assume you will need that patch yourself
soon, if you want to use Samba 3.0. Maybe your patch should find its
place on the amanda.org-patches-page. I am happily looking forward to
it.

--
thank you,
best regards,