Amanda-Users

Using chg-manual question

2003-09-25 20:40:34
Subject: Using chg-manual question
From: lamy AT unify DOT com
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 17:32:13 -0700

I have Amanda 2.4.4p1 setup to backup two partitions, 7GB and 4GB of data, on a Linux machine using dump.  I'm using only one tape drive to backup the two partitions and 1GB of holding disc.  For the initial backup, Amanda will backup both partition using level 0 which is bigger than the tape can hold.  Each partition is bigger than holding disk.  Can I setup Amanda to use chg-manual script to backup the partitions to multiple tapes?  I know I need to change the tape manually.  I read somewhere in the past that Amanda can not span tapes.

Thanks,

Yan