Amanda-Users

Re: No index records problem

2003-09-26 14:16:20
Subject: Re: No index records problem
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 14:14:07 -0400
On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 07:01:42PM +0200, Stefano Coletta wrote:
> If you cut
>
> 07735042527/./
>
> from the line and you tar again the file you'll see that restore works.
>
> The resulting line will be:
>
> pc28_21092003_111103.tar.gz
>

> However you have to use the latest tar version to get properly generated
> index files.

This is dredged up from long unused memory cells so may be inaccurate.

When I had a similar problem the directory path was lost as well.
So everything seemed to be under the root dir.  Or something like that.

Whatever you do, do not recover back to the original directory structure
with that corrupted index, even an edited one.  Recover into an empty
directory and after checking it seems alright, copy what you want to
the locations you want them.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)