Amanda-Users

No index records problem

2003-09-26 10:22:22
Subject: No index records problem
From: "Martin" <ammail AT sebastian DOT nl>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 16:20:11 +0200
Hi,

I'm having some trouble using amrecover. When I try restoring one particular client's files on the amanda server, amrecover tells me:

No index records for disk for specified date
If date correct, notify system administrator
This results in no files being shown when I do an ls, and so I am not able to recover any files.
Strangely, other clients in the same backup-run do not have this problem, only that particular client.

The amdump was done without any errors/warnings. Since I am doing the dump to my harddisk in stead of tape, I can actually see the amanda backupfile sitting there, so there's been no error in transfering the data.

I checked /usr/adm/amanda/fulldaily/index/pc28/somedir and there is a file named 20030926_0.gz in it, so I suppose the indexfile has been created ok?

I'm getting desperate here because by the end of next week amanda has to take over our current windows backupsystem.... :)
Thanks for any help!

Martin