Amanda-Users

Re: Book: Automating UNIX and Linux Administration

2003-09-26 13:29:30
Subject: Re: Book: Automating UNIX and Linux Administration
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Kirk Bauer <kirk AT kaybee DOT org>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 12:26:57 -0500

--On Friday, September 26, 2003 09:08:41 -0700 Kirk Bauer <kirk AT kaybee DOT
org> wrote:

> This message is a shameless plug for my new book: ************
> *****************.  I feel this message is appropriate both because
> many users of this program are interested in automation and Amanda is
> mentioned within the book.  I hope to actually discuss Amanda in a
> future edition if the publisher decides to make a new edition one day.
> But at least I gave Amanda a good plug ;)

Just because you 'mention' Amanda doesn't make it appropriate. If it
actually discussed it in some length, like the 'Unix Backup & Recovery'
book which has an entire chapter devoted to Amanda, then it would be
appropriate to mention it here.
   As it is, its just spam.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Systems Administrator                           Voice: 512-374-4673