Amanda-Users

Re: Problem with chg-scsi on linux

2003-09-24 18:19:35
Subject: Re: Problem with chg-scsi on linux
From: Stephen Walton <stephen.walton AT csun DOT edu>
To: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 15:17:22 -0700
On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 10:30, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:

> Actually, you do (it just isn't noted in the message log.  Look at the
> output of 'cat /proc/scsi/scsi'.  The first device in there corresponds to
> sg0, the next to sg1, etc.

This brings up a question I've been meaning to ask, though it is
somewhat off topic for amanda-users.  On my Linux system, "modprobe sg"
is required to load the SCSI generic module.  My tape changer is coming
up as /dev/sg3 even though it is the only SCSI device in the system with
a non-zero LUN as verified with cat /proc/scsi/scsi.  Why?