Amanda-Users

Re: Problem with chg-scsi on linux

2003-09-24 13:31:50
Subject: Re: Problem with chg-scsi on linux
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Franz Regensburger <Franz.Regensburger AT siemens DOT com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 13:30:02 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 at 7:21pm, Franz Regensburger wrote

> st1 (nst1) for the scsi tape drive (QUANTUM DLT8000)
> sg1 for the tape changer. (ATL M2500; this is emulated by the SUN
> changer)
>
> What I do NOT get is a generic scsi device sg? for the scsi tape.

Actually, you do (it just isn't noted in the message log.  Look at the
output of 'cat /proc/scsi/scsi'.  The first device in there corresponds to
sg0, the next to sg1, etc.

> - Is there a way to get a generic scsi device sg? for the tape, too?
> The scsi device st? does not work as parameter for scsitapedev.

See above.

> - Is there another way to solve the timing problem and the resource
> conflict between changer commands an direct tape commands

If you can get mtx working with your changer, then you could use
chg-zd-mtx.  That works quite well for me here with a Overland LibPro.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering