Amanda-Users

y didn't amanda report this as an error?

2003-09-24 15:13:31
Subject: y didn't amanda report this as an error?
From: Deb Baddorf <baddorf AT fnal DOT gov>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 13:54:49 -0500
From a client  machine,  the admin sent me this:

Sep 24 02:45:32 daesrv /kernel: pid 7638 (gzip), uid 2: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)

The above message shows gzip crashed on daesrv last night.  It crashed
because there is a hardware problem on that machine, but since it was
probably part of an amanda backup that did not work as expected, I wanted
to be sure amanda had reported something about it to you.   -client admin

Amanda herself had reported a strange error in her mail report:

daesrv.fna /usr lev 0 STRANGE
| DUMP: 33.76% done, finished in 1:20
? sendbackup: index tee cannot write [Broken pipe]
| DUMP: Broken pipe
| DUMP: The ENTIRE dump is aborted.
? index returned 1
??error [/sbin/dump returned 3, compress got signal 11]? dumper: strange [missing size line from sendbackup]
? dumper: strange [missing end line from sendbackup]
\--------

But it appears that she went ahead and stored the partial data on tape
anyway,   and considered this a good level 0 backup.   (admin config due
shows the next level 0 is 7 days away)

daesrv.fnal.gov /usr 0 0 3605024 -- 47:40 1260.7 12:35 4773.9

Why doesn't amanda recognize this as a failure?
Am I missing something that I should have noticed?
Or am I reading it wrong (the fact that "due" implies a level 0 was done)?
Deb Baddorf
Deb Baddorf         baddorf AT fnal DOT gov              840-2289
"Nobody told me that living happily ever after would be such hard work ..."
S. White                                            <IXOYE><