Amanda-Users

Re: y didn't amanda report this as an error?

2003-09-24 19:43:25
Subject: Re: y didn't amanda report this as an error?
From: Phil Homewood <pdh AT snapgear DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 09:40:25 +1000
Jon LaBadie wrote:
> There have been several reports showing failed pipes in
> the index stream for various reasons.  I wonder if those also
> were reported as valid dumps.

Now that you mention it, I have had this, a couple of times in the
last week. Am still trying to debug it, but:

sendbackup: start [hammer:/home level 0]
sendbackup: info BACKUP=/bin/tar
sendbackup: info RECOVER_CMD=/bin/gzip -dc |/bin/tar -f... -
sendbackup: info COMPRESS_SUFFIX=.gz
sendbackup: info end
? sendbackup: index tee cannot write [Broken pipe]
? index returned 1
??error [/bin/tar got signal 13, compress got signal 11]? dumper: strange
[missing size line from sendbackup]
? dumper: strange [missing end line from sendbackup]

[...]

hammer       /home       0       0   1568   --    0:08 184.4   0:04 442.5

The "listed incremental dir" shows:

-rw-------    1 backup   backup          0 Sep 23 23:20 hammer_home_0.new

The filesystem in question is some 13Gb. Apparently the compress
process is SEGVing, but I'm not seeing a core anywhere. Amanda
version is 2.4.4-2 (Debian package), server and client are the
same machine. Not seeing this on any other boxes, and I have
another Debian box with a very similar configuration working
fine.
--
Phil Homewood, Systems Janitor, http://www.SnapGear.com
pdh AT snapgear DOT com Ph: +61 7 3435 2810 Fx: +61 7 3891 3630