Amanda-Users

Re: amcheck - why run it?

2003-09-23 16:54:22
Subject: Re: amcheck - why run it?
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: bzahn AT zeus.okccc DOT edu
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 15:28:19 -0400 (EDT)
Bob,

I don't run amdump dependent on amcheck output - amdump can fail
quite well on its own.

Rather I run amcheck during business hours to verify that I have
a proper tape in the drive. Just today we put WWWxx in the WWWVOLxx
drive but where able to find and recify the problem during business
today rather than having to fix/flush tomorrow.

[Yes, I realize those two systems have idioticly similar names, bit
 of an historical accident...]