Amanda-Users

Re: Seven Myths of Load Balancing

2003-09-23 16:54:19
Subject: Re: Seven Myths of Load Balancing
From: Mike Causer <mikec AT mikecauser DOT org>
To: "Sam Green" <sgreen AT zeus DOT com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:40:48 +0100
On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 18:01:46 +0100  Sam Green wrote:

[Spam snipped]

Sam,

    do you know what spam is?

    do you know what a mailing list is?

You have just spammed a mailing list.  Somewhat unfortunately for your
ambition to sell Zeus load balancer these recipients of your spam are
very likely to be involved in decisions about software purchase -- and
they are also very likely to react badly to spam.  Go look up the
"Boulder Pledge".

Normally spam is associated with a failing business.  As a shareholder
in Zeus, this rather worries me, and I hope that we will soon have your
assurance that the practice has stopped.

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Causer                          Email - mailto:mikec AT mikecauser DOT org
GPG KeyID 1C2DDA07                       WWW - http://www.mikecauser.org