Amanda-Users

Re: amanda skipped two runs.

2003-09-22 15:56:52
Subject: Re: amanda skipped two runs.
From: Bao Ho <bao AT gibbons DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 12:54:20 -0700
Thanks Joshua and Darin for the pointers.

I'm wondering if anyone has done a kernel upgrade to 2.4.20-20.9 (RH9.0) as mentioned that it fixes signal delivery race condition, as I don't know whether to follow the Amanda patch, or
the kernel patch.

Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 at 11:01am, Bao Ho wrote

RedHat Linux 9.0, kernel 2.4.20-18.9
Amanda 2.4.4p1-20030716
Server only backs up itself.

No suprious email, ie cron output ?

I reported in my subsequent email. I see two unusual messages in syslog:
application bug: dumper (PID) has SIGCHLD set to SIG_IGN but callls wait().
(see the NOTES section of 'man 2 wait'). Workaround activated.

Those messages are due to the NPTL patches in the RH9 kernel. Look through the list archvies for a patch from someone at RH fixing this problem.