Amanda-Users

change tapes problem

2003-09-16 15:59:44
Subject: change tapes problem
From: "Raymond Keckler" <kecklerr AT homes DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:53:32 -0400

Equipment

Sun E420

Sun L1000 multi tape unit (30 DAT IV tapes)

Software

            Solaris 8

            Amanda 2.4.4p1

            Chg-zd-mtx

I know that Amanda does not span tapes on a file system.

I have 200 gigs of data to back up on the server.

I use mirror to copy data over and then Amanda to backup the local server.

So I have divided my directories up so none of them are over 25 gigs.

I have them listed in the disklist file.

Imgsrv01           /data1   nocomp-user

Imgsrv01           /data2   nocomp-user

Imgsrv01           /data3   nocomp-user

Imgsrv01           /data4   nocom-user

The problem:

            It backs up everything until if fills one tape and then gives errors for the rest.

It will not go to the next tape and continue with the next directory.

How do I back up 200 gigs without having to manually change the tapes?

Everything is under /usr/local/etc/Amanda/daily

I can setup several daily directories but how does Amanda know about the tape list in each one.?

Any help?

Ray