Amanda-Users

Re: Service looping/terminating...

2003-09-04 11:13:52
Subject: Re: Service looping/terminating...
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: "'amanda-users AT amanda DOT org'" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 11:10:31 -0400
On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 10:50:52AM -0400, Ripley, Scott wrote:
> I have ten Solaris8 clients running Amanda just fine, however one of them
> has been holding out on me for months and I can't figure it out.
>
> It compiles fine, it installs fine, and it even seems to run fine (If I do
> /usr/local/libexec/amandad, it runs for a minute, then stops, like all the
> others do).
>
> However, if I run amcheck <config> <clientname> I get these messages on the
> client:
> Sep  4 08:24:27 local@host inetd[137]: [ID 858011 daemon.warning]
> /usr/local/libexec/amandad: Killed
> Sep  4 08:24:27 local@host inetd[137]: [ID 667328 daemon.error] amanda/udp
> server failing (looping), service terminated
>
> My /etc/services looks like this:
> amanda          10080/udp                       # Amanda 2.2.6
> amandaidx       10082/tcp                       # Amanda 2.2.6
>
> Inetd.conf looks like this:
> amanda  dgram   udp     wait    root    /usr/local/libexec/amandad
> amandad
>
> I've checked everything I can think of to see what differences there are
> between this client and my working clients, and I can't find anything of
> note. Ldd reveals that the non-working amandad links to the readline
> libraries (they are installed), but that's the only difference.

By "non-working" do you mean ldd says they are not found?

If that is the case I think amandad will start, look for all its
libraries in the "dlopen" routine before "main" and terminate
when it can't locate every library it "requires".  Gotta resolve that.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)