Amanda-Users

Re: planner problem

2003-08-21 10:09:23
Subject: Re: planner problem
From: Eric Sproul <esproul AT ntelos DOT net>
To: Shashi Kanbur <shashi AT fcrao1.astro.umass DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 09:56:54 -0400
On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 09:21, Shashi Kanbur wrote:
> START taper datestamp 20030820 label AstroTapes0 tape 0
> FAIL planner flamingo /usr/local 20030820 0 [Estimate timeout from
> flamingo]
> FAIL planner flamingo /data3 20030820 0 [Estimate timeout from flamingo]
> FAIL planner flamingo /data2 20030820 0 [Estimate timeout from flamingo]
> FAIL planner flamingo /data1 20030820 0 [Estimate timeout from flamingo
>
> that is the planner fails and the backup doesnt not work. I have increased
> the etimeout quite a bit with no effect. The client machine (flamingo) is
> quite new and fast and is pretty identical to other Debian linux machines
> for which this works ok.
> Any ideas?

Check the debug files in /tmp/amanda on the client.  There will probably
be a clue hiding in there somewhere.  The files are written by each
component, so for estimate debugging, check the sendsize.<#> files.  The
<#> refers to the Unix timestamp appended to each one.

I'd use 'ls -lt sendsize.* | head' to list the files chronologically
(most recent first) and quickly find the one from my most recent run.

HTH,
Eric