Amanda-Users

planner problem

2003-08-21 09:41:29
Subject: planner problem
From: Shashi Kanbur <shashi AT fcrao1.astro.umass DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 09:21:20 -0400 (EDT)
I have an amanda server on a Debian Linux machine. WHen I try and backup
one particular Debian linux client, I get

START taper datestamp 20030820 label AstroTapes0 tape 0
FAIL planner flamingo /usr/local 20030820 0 [Estimate timeout from
flamingo]
FAIL planner flamingo /data3 20030820 0 [Estimate timeout from flamingo]
FAIL planner flamingo /data2 20030820 0 [Estimate timeout from flamingo]
FAIL planner flamingo /data1 20030820 0 [Estimate timeout from flamingo

that is the planner fails and the backup doesnt not work. I have increased
the etimeout quite a bit with no effect. The client machine (flamingo) is
quite new and fast and is pretty identical to other Debian linux machines
for which this works ok.
Any ideas?

Shashi Kanbur                                  shashi AT fcrao1.astro.umass DOT
edu
Five College Astronomy Department,
University of Massachusetts,
Amherst,
MA 01003
USA
(413) 577 0470                                 (413) 545 4223 (Fax)