Amanda-Users

New user: Trouble getting amlabel to work correctly.

2003-08-08 09:01:39
Subject: New user: Trouble getting amlabel to work correctly.
From: "Nate Cosgrove" <ncosgrove AT airdesk DOT net>
To: "Amanda-Users (E-mail)" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 09:01:33 -0400
When I try to use amlabel to set up tapes for my backup set, I get the
following:
Command:
sudo -u amanda amlabel -f DailySet1 DailySet100
Output:
rewinding, reading label, reading label: Input/output error
rewinding, writing label DailySet100, checking label
amlabel: no label found, are you sure /dev/st0 is non-rewinding?

I am using amanda version 2.4.2 on a redhat 8 box with kernel version 2.4.18-14.

The tape device is on /dev/st0

The physical hardware is a Seagate STD224000N (Scorpion 24) DDS-3 single-tape
drive.
http://www.seagate.com/support/tape/specs/dds/std22400.html

I have already determined that the problem is not with user permissions for the
user amanda.  I have already tried backing up files using tar as the user
amanda with success.

Although the purpose may be complete overkill, I am simply trying to back up
one local directory at this stage.

I am not sure if I defined the tapetype for the seagate drive correctly.

I attached the amand.conf and disklist files (gzipped).

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Nate Cosgrove
IT Developer

AIRDESK INC.