Amanda-Users

Re: How could amflush NOT flush ? :o) [OFF TOPIC]

2003-07-23 12:00:52
Subject: Re: How could amflush NOT flush ? :o) [OFF TOPIC]
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 11:59:21 -0400
On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 05:53:22PM +0200, Nicolas Ecarnot wrote:

> I'm absolutely confuse to appear as asking too much,
> but I sure would prefer not to touch my amanda configuration,
> so the Kurt's solution seems nice (apart the ressources considerations).

That may not be as bad as you imagine.  It is not a doubling of
the space as the holding disk files are removed as they are taped.

Another approach, unmentioned til now, is a combination of RAIT,
the file:driver, and normal tape backup.  I believe it was recently
announced that a RAIT mirror setup could contain a tape device and
a hard disk "file:driver" device.  That might also solve the recovery
problem as the index would still apply.  You might have to determine
a way to remove daily the hard disk copy of the mirrored backup.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)