Amanda-Users

Re: How could amflush NOT flush ? :o)

2003-07-23 11:05:37
Subject: Re: How could amflush NOT flush ? :o)
From: "Kurt Yoder" <kylist AT shcorp DOT com>
To: "Nicolas Ecarnot" <nicolas.ecarnot AT accim DOT com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 11:03:00 -0400 (EDT)
Nicolas Ecarnot said:
> Hi,
>
> My Amanda setup keeps improving tests after tests and I still have
> so many questions.
> Today is : How could I do to make automatic flushes (autoflush) but
> without deleting the holding disk directories ?
>
> What I'd like to have is this situation :
> - cron launches amdump
> - the autoflush option is set, so as to write datas on the holding
> disk AND to tape
> - but to keep the last holding disk directory
> - Another cron would remove the (n-1) last hoslding disk directory
>
> That way, I could restore the previous-day files directly from the
> holding disk files, without having to go search my tapes.

Just an idea for you: use rsync to make on-line backups of all your
amanda disks. This is what I do. That way, there's no tweaking of
amanda necessary (though rsync must be set up). Restoring files from
your on-line backups is then as simple as using "scp", "ftp", or
whatever you want.

--
Kurt Yoder
Sport & Health network administrator