Amanda-Users

post operative (almost) sanity checks

2003-07-15 16:24:35
Subject: post operative (almost) sanity checks
From: "Bruntel, Mitchell L, SOLCM" <mbruntel AT att DOT com>
To: "Jay Lessert" <jayl AT accelerant DOT net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 15:22:13 -0500
thanks Jay,  makes great sense.
so the tpchanger envirornment is attemping to call the C program in the libexec
directory

NOW my only problem IS:   tpchanger should call the C program (chg-scsi) in my
case...
where does the CONFIG (chg-scsi.conf) get called from, or it doesnt need to be?

so this error(s)
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
(1)amcheck-server: could not get changer info: could not read result from
"/usr/local/etc/amanda/DailyBackup/chg-scsi.conf"

or now:
(2)amcheck-server: could not get changer info: check your config and use a
config file for chg-scsi
..amanda.conf snippet:
..snip..
notes:  IF THIS line (A) is commented/# out, I get errror 1
(otherwise I get error B
(A) tpchanger "chg-scsi"
# the tape-changer glue script
(B) tpchanger "/usr/local/etc/amanda/DailyBackup/chg-scsi.conf"
tapedev "/dev/rmt/0n"   # the no-rewind tape device to be used
changerfile "/usr/local/etc/amanda/DailyBackup/chg-scsi.conf"
changerdev  "/dev/scsi/changer/c1t0d0"