Amanda-Users

Re: Any way to parallelize or speed up the planner?

2003-07-15 13:50:29
Subject: Re: Any way to parallelize or speed up the planner?
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: David Trusty <dwtrusty AT hotmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 19:33:22 +0200
David Trusty wrote:

I have a number of disks which are being backed-up from a single host.
The disks have many thousands of files in many directories.

When I run the backup, the planner seems to sequentially examine each of the disks for updates. This planning stage takes many hours. Is there any way to parallelize it, or otherwise speed it up?

Are you looking for the maxdumps parameter?  In combination with the
spindle number of a disklist entry, this can start more than one
backup (or estimate) on a host.