Amanda-Users

Re: Any way to parallelize or speed up the planner?

2003-07-15 17:03:45
Subject: Re: Any way to parallelize or speed up the planner?
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: "David Trusty" <dwtrusty AT hotmail DOT com>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 16:59:12 -0400
On Tuesday 15 July 2003 12:41, David Trusty wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have a number of disks which are being backed-up from a single
> host. The disks have many thousands of files in many directories.
>
>When I run the backup, the planner seems to sequentially examine
> each of the disks for updates.
>This planning stage takes many hours.  Is there any way to
> parallelize it, or otherwise speed it up?
>
>Thanks in advance!

This is what the optional spndle number is supposed to do in your
disklist entries.  Give each physical disk its own spindle number.
Make sure that MAXDUMPERS or whatever its called (in amanda.conf) is
sufficient that one can be running against each disk.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M
by Gene Heskett are: