Amanda-Users

Re: which tape is which ???

2003-07-15 13:34:12
Subject: Re: which tape is which ???
From: Eric Siegerman <erics AT telepres DOT com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 13:31:45 -0400
On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 11:31:21AM -0400, Kurt Yoder wrote:

> Michael D. Schleif said:
> > That's my problem: if I knew which of these tapes is the ``most
> > recently-written one'' [...]
>
> Ah. Put one in and do "dd if=<tape device> of=test_header bs=32k".

For a list of the tape's contents, use amrestore.  Ask it to
restore some nonexistent host.  It'll fail of course, but as a
side effect, it will print a list of all the DLEs it's skipping
over in the process.

--

|  | /\
|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics AT telepres DOT com
|  |  /
When I came back around from the dark side, there in front of me would
be the landing area where the crew was, and the Earth, all in the view
of my window. I couldn't help but think that there in front of me was
all of humanity, except me.
        - Michael Collins, Apollo 11 Command Module Pilot