Amanda-Users

Re: send of compile question

2003-07-12 04:46:54
Subject: Re: send of compile question
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: "Bruntel, Mitchell L, SOLCM" <mbruntel AT att DOT com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 10:40:29 +0200
Bruntel, Mitchell L, SOLCM wrote:
yesterday I said:
-------
In getting programs together (using amanda-2.4.4p1) I was unable to get it to
work.
The only way my "crack"ed programmer was able to help me get it to compile was to comment out the version.info function, which he said was not allocated as external.

You have gcc 3.3.  I never tried that one.
But apart from that, this is the first time ever that
this blocked a compile.
I strongly believe that your sw guy fiddled with a million
settings, (like e.g. setting the path correctly, or running
"make distclean" before doing ./configure), and blamed it
all on the version_info.