Amanda-Users

RE:send of compile question

2003-07-11 10:56:40
Subject: RE:send of compile question
From: "Bruntel, Mitchell L, SOLCM" <mbruntel AT att DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 09:52:51 -0500
yesterday I said:
-------
In getting programs together (using amanda-2.4.4p1) I was unable to get it to
work.
The only way my "crack"ed programmer was able to help me get it to compile  was
to comment out the
version.info function, which he said was not allocated as external.

Did this:(as amanda)
./configure was clean, no error messages
make            got error messages.

Now, a few questions:

SunOS tape 5.8 Generic_108528-20 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-80
created config.site for configuration
Stuff he commented out:
version_info

in
amanda.h        --| Common
version.c       --|

in
genversion.c ---| client (?)
amandad.c    ---|

in amadnum.c (?) ---|
planner.c        ---| server

Questions:
1) have I/we just built a totally useless version of amanda, that will nothing?
2) is this version_info related to the option (use version-suffixxes
3) Is this a known bug,?
3a) If it was me doing it, I'd guess not, but since he is a SW guy, I'd say it
could be.

thanks again