Amanda-Users

RE: Dump too big for tape

2003-05-30 11:53:30
Subject: RE: Dump too big for tape
From: "Rebecca Pakish Crum" <rebecca AT unterlaw DOT com>
To: "Joshua Baker-LePain" <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 10:50:56 -0500
> Ah, but what Pual is saying is that they're related.  If you
> add up what
> did get backed up plus the disk that failed with the data
> timeout (but got
> an estimate), you're at capacity.  So the full of that /var
> wouldn't fit,
> so amanda degraded it.

Ahhhhhhhh....the light is getting brighter, I'm walking towards it. This
whole disk failing thing is causing more and more nonsense. I moved it
back to it's old backup method for now, removing it from my amanda
disklist, so I can get a solid level 0 of everything and sleep well. I
just keep praying these boxes will go away soon.

I don't have the resources or approval to test if that client is failing
due to hardware issues. We dumped this company a year ago and I still
can't shake them. It's my own little version of SARS.