Amanda-Users

Re: include/export again

2003-05-24 11:55:03
Subject: Re: include/export again
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 11:53:30 -0400
On Sat, May 24, 2003 at 11:34:23PM +0800, Mathias K?rber wrote:

> --On Saturday, May 24, 2003 04:06:14 PM +0800 Mathias K�rber
> <mathias AT koerber DOT org> wrote:
>
> >May need to add some code to check whether a multi-/ name
> >exists exactly as given and let that through too.
> >Anythoughts on whether that will break anything?
>
> I found a function glob(3) which seems to do exactly what needs
> to be done: find fines which match a given glob.
>
> from the manpage:
>
> >GLOB(3)             Linux Programmer's Manual             GLOB(3)
> >
> >NAME
> >       glob, globfree - find pathnames matching a pattern, free memory
> >from glob()
> >
> >SYNOPSIS
> >       #include <glob.h>
> >
> >       int glob(const char *pattern, int flags,
> >                int errfunc(const char *epath, int eerrno),
> >                glob_t *pglob);
> >       void globfree(glob_t *pglob);
>
> Is this available under other unices (and is it equivalent there?)
>
> Ill try and come up with a patch based on this if I find the time...
>
> any comments/hints/suggestions etc welcome.

Well the same function exists in the standard C library of my Solaris, HP-UX,
and Tru64 machines.  But doesn't exist in the required libraries of the C
standard.
Of course, that does not deal with file systems and directories.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)