Amanda-Users

Re: include/export again

2003-05-23 23:26:58
Subject: Re: include/export again
From: Mathias Körber <mathias AT koerber DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 11:25:21 +0800
On Sat, May 24, 2003 at 09:49:00AM +0800, Mathias K?rber wrote:

BTW, in some earlier mailing you had multiple exclude/include
lines as if they could follow one another. If that is done
I think you should be adding the modifier "append" as in

exclude file "./imap"
exclude file append "./pop3"

I don't think it hurts to have "append" on each line.

Thanks, yes I found that :-)

fqdn-NOT-localhost ImapDirs /var {
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
is this important (usingthe FQDN instaed of localhost?)
localhost seems to work for me.. (though I agree that
having the hostname appear in reports is nicer).

comp-high-tar
exclude file append * # don't know if needed, seems logical

why append? doesn't '*' mean everything, thereby including what
already may be listed?

include list "./.imapdirs-listfile" # unless an include implies exclude *
} 4

fqdn-NOT-localhost VarOther /var {
comp-high-tar
exclude list "./.imapdirs-listfile" # seems like it could be the same
} 4

And the list file, in the /var directory could be:

./imap
./spool/imap

I will give that a try. I may end up putting the lists into
/usr/local/etc/amanda/Daily itself as they have meaning only
inside amanda...

Anyway (asked this before). Is there any way to run amanda in
a dry-run mode in which it only runs the planner and lists
somewhere which files will be on tne backup given the current
disklist? That way I dont have to start actual backups
to see how amanda will interpert changes to the disklist.

thanks