Amanda-Users

problem with amdump

2003-05-23 05:54:44
Subject: problem with amdump
From: manjit AT notay DOT net
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 10:51:21 +0100
This has probably been answered before but please bare with me as im new and at then end of my rope. This my last resort hope you can help. I installed amanda 2.4.4 successfully and after configuring all the relevent files i can successfully do amcheck, it reports no problems at all, but... when i do amdump i get failed messages indicating that the specified drives where offline, why is this???? the Amanda user has full read, write execute permissions to the required directory and im backing up local drives, ie in disklist ive said localhost etc etc. What can i do? and what files would you like to see? (solaris 8, overland 10 tape autochanger)
Manjit.