Amanda-Users

Re: problem with amdump

2003-05-23 06:15:15
Subject: Re: problem with amdump
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: manjit AT notay DOT net, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 06:12:48 -0400
On Friday 23 May 2003 05:51, manjit AT notay DOT net wrote:
>This has probably been answered before but please bare with me as
> im new and at then end of my rope. This my last resort hope you
> can help.
>
>I installed amanda 2.4.4 successfully and after configuring all
> the relevent files i can successfully do amcheck, it reports no
> problems at all,
>
>but... when i do amdump i get failed messages indicating that the
> specified drives where offline, why is this????
>
>the Amanda user has full read, write execute permissions to the
> required directory and im backing up local drives, ie in disklist
> ive said
>
>localhost etc etc.
>
>What can i do? and what files would you like to see? (solaris 8,
> overland 10 tape autochanger)
>
>Manjit.

Chuckle...

And using localhost bites man again says the headline. :)  The docs
recommend against that, but it seems everyone has to learn it anew.

Your disklist should use FQDN's exclusively.  And don't forget to
make the entries in ~/amanda/.amandahosts match up too.  I don't
even use aliases from the hosts file here.  If that doesn't fix it,
post the disklist for starters.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M
by Gene Heskett are: