Amanda-Users

Re: Connection timed out: STILL A PROBLEM:long entry

2003-05-16 13:15:30
Subject: Re: Connection timed out: STILL A PROBLEM:long entry
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: "Rebecca Pakish Crum" <rebecca AT unterlaw DOT com>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 13:13:15 -0400
On Friday 16 May 2003 09:59 am, Rebecca Pakish Crum wrote:
>I am still getting a timeout on one of my solaris clients. I have
>increased the etimeout in amanda.conf to 900!! Once again,
> buserver is a RH8.0 running 2.4.2p2, client is a 2.6 running
> 2.4.2p2. I have been running amanda on this for over a year with
> no problems.

ISTR I had a problem like that way back when, so I upped the
etimeout to 1800, then never did the math to see how long it
actually took.  900 does seem to be a bit small though, its 15
minutes, and just this machine alone takes around 25 for the
estimate phase.  Multiple spindle setting to reflect which drive
the DLE is on quiets the operations thrashing of the disks(2) at
the expense of 2 or 3 minutes longer to do the estimates.

The estimate phase is a cpu hog too. :(

[...]

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M