Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda Client on Solaris 8

2003-05-15 20:52:17
Subject: Re: Amanda Client on Solaris 8
From: Eric Siegerman <erics AT telepres DOT com>
To: Amanda User <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 20:48:35 -0400
On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 10:55:55AM -0400, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 12:47:17PM +0100, Mody Ndiaye wrote:
> > [building on Solaris 8]
> > But When I run make I have such error message "ld.so.1: ./genversion:
> > fatal: libreadline.so.4: open failed: No such file or directory"
>
> readline is not a standard solaris library.  It must be added by your
> sys-admin.

Which version of Amanda?  I think 2.4.4 will build properly with
no readline library, but you'll lose support for command-line
editing in amrecover.

--

|  | /\
|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics AT telepres DOT com
|  |  /
My Wine works.  However it crashes about half the time on startup.
Apparently their simulation of windoze API is getting too accurate.  :)
        - Kyle Sallee