Amanda-Users

Re: always-full delete previous index

2003-05-13 10:26:33
Subject: Re: always-full delete previous index
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: "DUDOIT Sylvain" <sylvain.dudoit AT c-s DOT fr>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 10:22:43 -0400
On Tue May 13 2003 05:38, DUDOIT Sylvain wrote:
>Paul Bijnens wrote:
>> DUDOIT Sylvain wrote:
>>> I'm using Amanda with full dump each day.
>>> So, I use the 'always-full' configuration with 'index' to
>>> create index of my dump.
>>>
>>> My problem is that Amanda deletes previous index of previous
>>> full dump and I would like to keep index during one week
>>> because I have 5 tapes.
>>
>> What is your tapecycle in amanda.conf?
>
>Because I have 5 tapes, I have set this configuration in
amanda.conf :
>>    tapecycle 5 tapes
>>    dumpcycle 0
>>    runspercycle 1
>
>I use the dumptype "always-full" in addition to "index" :
>> define dumptype always-full {
>>     global
>>     comment "Full dump of this filesystem always"
>>     compress none
>>     priority high
>>     dumpcycle 0
>> }
>
>- Sylvain

My first suggestion would be to grab a log-rotation function from
one of those cron triggerd weekly scripts, and do a pattern of
adding a .1, .2, .3, 4, etc addendum to the indice filenames, and
run that before each run of amdump.

That of course is not exhaustive, there may be other, equally
inventive methods.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M
by Gene Heskett are: