Amanda-Users

Re: How to do differential backup with amanda?

2003-05-09 18:03:08
Subject: Re: How to do differential backup with amanda?
From: "Wojciech Jedliczka" <wj AT 3v DOT pl>
To: <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>, "Joshua Baker-LePain" <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 23:58:45 +0200
Gene & Joshua,

The Gene's post passed mine, where I have tried to explain
my case. The files are already compressed so I need to use
'compress none' within dumptype.

I have played with 'nofull' and 'incronly' strategy and
with the bumpdays high values also. Nothing was useful
to me.

The only method to use Amanda for such purpose was
to do level 0 every day with an exclude lists built from
the extraction of already backed up files using indexes.
This works great!

WJ