Amanda-Users

yet another problem with amrecover

2003-05-08 11:21:50
Subject: yet another problem with amrecover
From: Yuriy Vasiliev <goga AT alarit DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 18:28:08 +0300
I found this problem before in this mailing list but couldn't get clear answer
in order to solve it. So can someone point me out how to get amrecover
working?
I'm using hard disk instead of tape device and encountered following problem:

>amrecover DailySet1 -t backup -s backup -d /backup/amanda/tapes/t8
..........skip to....
EOF, check amidxtaped.debug file on backup.
amrecover: short block 0 bytes
UNKNOWN file
amrecover: Can't read file header
extract_list - child returned non-zero status: 1

in amidxtaped.debug file:
amrestore: error reading file header: Is a directory
amidxtaped: time 0.010: amrestore terminated normally with status: 2
amidxtaped: time 0.010: rewinding tape ...
amidxtaped: time 30.103: tape_rewind: rewinding tape: /backup/amanda/tapes/t8:
Inappropriate ioctl for device

Moreover, what happend to FAQ-O-matic page?
TIA