Amanda-Users

Re: Backing Up Disconnected Computers

2003-05-07 15:34:09
Subject: Re: Backing Up Disconnected Computers
From: Jim Summers <jsummers AT bachman.cs.ou DOT edu>
To: Amanda Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: 07 May 2003 14:41:05 -0500
We have been using an opensource program known as BackupPC to handle our
laptop users.  It polls the network at a set interval for machines
configured in it's list and if it finds a system that is due a backup it
will do it.  It writes those backups to a hard disk which is in turn
backed up by amanda at night.

Hope this helps