Amanda-Users

Re: Backing Up Disconnected Computers

2003-05-07 11:39:08
Subject: Re: Backing Up Disconnected Computers
From: Martin Hepworth <martinh AT solid-state-logic DOT com>
To: Amanda Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 16:28:18 +0100
Brian

I use two runs (and thus two configs) per working day.

One over lunchtime when the laptops tend to be on the network, and one in the evening for the vast bulk of the machines...

--
Martin

Brian White wrote:
Here's the problem...

I'm using Amanda to archive all of the computers on our network, including
the WinXP workstations and WinXP laptops.  However, since Amanda runs during
the evening (to minimize network bandwith impact, etc., etc.) it is often
unable to find the laptop computers at that time simply because they've been
taken home by their owners.

What is the best way to deal with a situation like this?

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite AT precidia DOT com )

        Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com