Amanda-Users

Amanda 2.4.4 RPM's available for RedHat 7.2

2003-05-06 11:47:41
Subject: Amanda 2.4.4 RPM's available for RedHat 7.2
From: Hans Kinwel <H.Kinwel AT momac DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: 06 May 2003 17:45:06 +0200
For a long time I wanted to upgrade to Amanda 2.4.4, mainly because of
the autoflush feature, but no rpms were available, and I was slightly
afraid that I would mess things up if compiled from source and
installed.  Apart from the possible problems with de-installing if it
didn't work out etc.

So I decided to see if how difficult it was to build a new package based
on the RedHat .spec file for amanda 2.4.2, and it turned out to be
really easy, only some minor tweaks in the spec file were necessary.

The resulting rpms are in use now for several weeks, and I have yet to
encounter any problem.

I made the resulting packages available for anonymous ftp from
ftp://oranje.momac.net/amanda

So, I hope this is to some use for someone.

Greetings

[
and thanks, frequent posters, for your endless help, up until now I
have always been lurking here, but I learned really much from all your
postings.  And, of course, amanda is a god-sent
]
--
Hans Kinwel       System Administration Momac       H.Kinwel AT momac DOT net
K.P. van der Mandelelaan 100   *  3062  Rotterdam  *   The Netherlands