Amanda-Users

RE: Newbie: request for sample config file

2003-05-02 09:37:21
Subject: RE: Newbie: request for sample config file
From: Kevin Passey <kpassey AT kdpsoftware.co DOT uk>
To: "'Jim Power'" <jim.power AT atip-usa DOT com>, Amanda Users Listserve <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 14:30:57 +0100
Jim,

You also may want to check if your tape drive has compression switched on
automatically via the dip switches - it needs to be off.

I know I had to rip my drive out and change the DIP settings - my dell is a
1500SC.

On the info disk you get it should document the Dip switch settings there.

Hope this helps

Kevin